Finding a quick, easy last minute picnic dessert isn’t always easy, but this recipe for peaches that are grilled, then topped with yogurt and pecans is sure to fit the bill.
This Easy Grilled Recipe For Peaches Is Perfect For National Peach Month
August is National Peach Month and that makes it a great month to have a few last minute picnics before the fall weather sets in.
Peaches are also in season in August, which makes this recipe perfect for those who prefer to eat what is available locally in season.
Grilled Peaches Are Great For Picnics Any Time Of The Year
This recipe for peaches is super easy to make and a perfect picnic dessert.
Simply prepare the recipe right before you head out the door, allow it to marinade while you are on your way to your favorite picnic location then grill the peaches and enjoy!
Here is the grilled peaches recipe.Print
- 4 peaches (ripe, but not mushy), cut in half and pit removed
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 5 tbsp soft brown sugar
- Handful of chopped pecans
- Frozen low-fat vanilla yogurt
- Place the peaches into a bowl, add the sugar and drizzle with the vanilla paste. You can substitute vanilla extract but I think the paste tastes better.
- Toss the peaches to coat them lightly with the sugar and vanilla.
- Set the bowl aside and allow the peaches to soak up the flavors for about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Once the peaches are done marinating, grill the peach halves for about 5 – 8 minutes on one side, then turn the peaches over and grill them for an additional 2 to 3 minutes. There should be grill marks on the peaches.
- Divide the peaches into 4 dishes, top with frozen yogurt and a sprinkle of chopped pecans.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Grilled
Keywords: recipe for peaches, grilled peaches, recipes for peaches, grilled peaches dessert, grilled peaches recipe, peaches recipes
Final Thoughts On This Easy Grilled Recipe For Peaches
I hope you will give this recipe for peaches a try, especially during the months when they are in season and at their best.
While this does make a great picnic recipe, it is also a wonderful recipe for backyard BBQ’s.
Feel free to leave your comments or suggestions in the comment section below and I would love to hear how this recipe turned out for you!
Before you go, be sure to sign up to get your FREE recipe card that is a perfect fit for a 3″ x 5″ recipe box. In addition to getting the custom recipe card, you will also be signed up for our newsletter so you will always be up to date on new posts and get great recipes right in your inbox!
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Caramelized Peaches With Lavender Flower Recipe
- Easy Coleslaw From The Garden
- Sous Vide Vanilla Cinnamon Poached Pears
- Apple Crisp Dutch Oven Recipe
- Apple Pie For Diabetics
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the page to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.