Talk about a fragrant, melt-in-your-mouth warm dessert that is too die for and you must be talking about this caramelized peaches with lavender flower recipe.
This is a new dessert that I tried a couple of years ago – and I do like in – so much so, I have made it multiple times when my peach trees are producing.
I always use fresh peaches.
Here is my recipe.
There are also links below to products I recommend from companies I have a referral relationship with. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.Print
- 2 peaches, cut in half with the pit removed
- 1/2 cup lavender sugar (or 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon fresh lavender flower buds)
- 4 Tablespoons real butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 6 fresh black peppermint leaves (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- Wash the peaches, cut them in half and remove the pit. I also removed some of the hard area around where the pit was inside the peach.
- Lay the peaches, skin side down in a dish. You can use individual dishes or place them in a larger baking pan.
- Spread one Tablespoon of butter on each peach half.
- Sprinkle the lavender sugar (or sugar and lavender flower buds) on top of the peaches. Make sure the sugar completely covers the top of the peach. You don’t want it super thick though, just thick enough that you can’t see the peach. If you used lavender sugar, you are done, if not sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon lavender flower buds over the peaches.
- Drizzle the vanilla paste over the top of the sugar.
- Set the oven to bake at 400 degrees F, then place the baking pan into the oven. If you are using individual pans, it is best to set them all on top of a larger baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the peaches from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Top with whipped cream and mint leaves if desired and serve.
- Peaches that are not eaten right away should be placed in the refrigerator. They reheat nicely.
Be sure to sign up to get your FREE recipe card that is a perfect fit for a 3″ x 5″ recipe box. In addition to getting the custom recipe card, you will also be signed up for our newsletter so you will always be up to date on new posts and get great recipes right in your inbox!
Be sure to take a moment to download your free printable recipe card. The card is is standard 3 inch by 5 inch design with blank lines that you can print onto card stock (affiliate link), write your favorite recipes on and add to your personal recipe collection.
Before you go, make sure to sign up to get your FREE recipe card.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Easy Coleslaw From The Garden
- Sous Vide Vanilla Cinnamon Poached Pears
- Apple Crisp Dutch Oven Recipe
- Apple Pie For Diabetics
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the page to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.