Disclaimer: This review was made possible by the Double Duty Divas and Cascade. I was provided the featured product free of charge to facilitate my review, but all opinions are 100% mine.
Planning a comfort foods party with a dozen guests means there is going to be a lot of sticky, messy dishes to clean after the party is over – and let’s face it, nobody has time for that!
That is why I am so thankful for Cascade Platinum Actionpacs and Cascade Platinum Rinse Aid which made cleanup a breeze!
The Comfort Foods Menu
On Saturday, I hosted a party for 12 guests (myself included) that included lots of foods with starch and protein.
I wanted to show my guests just how well Cascade Platinum stood up to the torture test of cleaning these dishes with no scrubbing and no pre-rinsing.
Some of the dishes – such as the brownie pan – sat overnight without being scrapped or soaked.
The dinner menu consisted of the following foods – beef roast, roast chicken, cornish hens, homemade macaroni and cheese (recipe courtesy of The Pioneer Woman), mashed potatoes, homemade gravy, homemade dinner rolls, brownies, two kinds of cupcakes and maple bacon green beans.
Drinks were served in stemware and included homemade red wine, lemon rosemary water and sweet tea.
Here is how the party went – and do read to the end to see just how clean the dishes ended up.
Macaroni And Cheese
I was in the kitchen finishing up the macaroni and cheese when the guests arrived.
I have made macaroni and cheese many times – including homemade – but have never seen a recipe where the sauce was this creamy.
I made the sauce in a separate pan and then poured it over the top of the cooked macaroni.
Once it was mixed well, I put it into a serving dish and invited my guests into my kitchen so I could finish loading the dishwasher.
Remember I had loaded the brownie pan the night before and I continued to load dishes as I was cooking.
The pan the macaroni and cheese was prepared in was a mess.
I wanted to be sure my dishwasher was as full as possible, so I loaded as many of the dishes I had prepared the food in as I possibly could.
As everyone looked at the dirty dishes and wondered just how clean they would actually get, I announced it was time to go ahead and eat.
I allowed my guests to fill their plates and find a seat.
My house is small, so some people sat at the kitchen table and some sat in the living room.
Time To Test The Cascase Platinum Actionpac
Then I added a single Cascade Platinum actionpac to the dishwasher and turned it on.
Opening The Dishwasher Mid-Cycle
My dishwasher takes 2 hours to complete it’s cycle – however before we could get through that first hour, one of the guests was called into work.
The people who rode with her also had to leave.
I was asked to go ahead and open the dishwasher mid-cycle so they could see what – if anything – had changed.
I had my doubts that the dishes would look clean at this point – but I was so wrong.
Hear for yourself in the video below what my guests had to say about the amazing cleaning power of Cascade Platinum.
This is what we saw when we opened the dishwasher mid-cycle.
I was amazed.
I had trialed the Cascade Platinum ahead of time but had not opened my dishwasher – not even once – during mid-cycle.
Everyone was impressed as you heard, however knowing how to stack a dishwasher to get the maximum cleaning power out of it is also important.
Be Sure To Also Use A Rinse Aid
Using a rinse aid is also important.
I used the Cascade Platinum Rinse Aid during my trials.
It is a great product I can tell you.
My dishes come out sparkling clean with no spots.
Tips For Immaculately Clean Dishes Every Time
Here are a few key tips to help you achieve immaculately clean dishes every time you use your dishwasher.
- Use Cascade Platinum actionpacs and rinse aid.
- Skip the pre-wash because Cascade works its best when food soil is left on dishes. This is because the special enzymes in Cascade latch onto the food, breaking it down and washing it away.
- Don’t worry about small amounts of food left on dishes because most dishwashers have a built in garbage disposal. The food will not harm your dishwasher or plumbing pipes.
- Remember there is a correct way to load your dishwasher to get the maximum success.
- Do not allow dishes to block the water sprayers.
- Place tall dishes and pans in the back of the dishwasher so they do not block the detergent chamber.
- Place glasses and fragile items on the top rack.
- Set glasses between the tines instead of over them. This helps prevent spots.
- Thread the handles of long utensils through the coffee-mug handles to help secure them.
- Make sure none of the utensils are loose and blocking the nozzle or sprayer.
- Always load large dishes on the bottom rack, face down so the water is sure to reach all the nooks and crannies.
Simply put – Cascade Platinum delivers the ultimate clean for dishes.
It is a premium product designed to keep your dishwasher sparkling while delivering immaculately clean dishes every time.
It even powers away food that has been stuck-on for 24-hours!
I encourage you to try Cascade Platinum for yourself and see the difference!
Once you have tried the product, you can post your own authentic review at http://www.cascadeclean.com/us/cascade/review – and be sure to use #cascadeshiningreviews for a chance to win a prize pack of your own.
One reviewer will win a Kitchen Aid Dishwasher!
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Cascade Platinum: Shining Ratings & Reviews A Toast To French Toast Party
- How To Make Swerve Whipped Cream
- Basil Strawberry Watermelon Flavored Fruit Water
- Delicious Strawberry Recipes
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the screen to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.