Disclaimer: I did receive my Instant Pot at a reduced price in exchange for my honest review. All opinions are my own. I also include links to products I recommend from companies I have a referral relationship with. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links. I love apple crisp and this quick, easy instant pot recipe makes it super simple to make.
A Crispy Topping Takes A Little Extra Work
Although the topping doesn’t get as crispy as it would in the oven, by finishing the dessert under the broiler in the stainless steel instant pot insert it is possible to crisp it up some. Here is my recipe:Print
- 6 apples, cored and cubed
- 3/4 cups old-fashion oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 4 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Core and cube 6 apples.
- Place the apples in the bottom of the instant pot.
- Combine all the other ingredients in a large bowl.
- Use a pastry blender to cut in the butter until the mixture looks like small peas.
- Pour the crumb mixture over the top of the apples making sure it is evenly distributed.
- Put the instant pot lid on and set the valve to seal.
- Use the noodle setting and set the timer to 8 minutes. Once the correct amount of pressure builds up inside the instant pot the countdown timer will begin.
- When the timer goes off, allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Set the oven to broil.
- Place the apple crisp in the stainless steel pan from the instant pot in the oven and broil for 3 to 5 minutes to crisp up the topping.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: apple crisp recipe, instant pot recipes, desserts, quick easy recipe, dessert recipe
Here are some other delicious apple desserts:
I highly recommend the following articles:
- How To Use The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Bone Broth Recipe
- Blueberry, Vanilla, Cinnamon Flavored Water Instant Pot Recipe
- Pork Tenderloin Instant Pot Recipe