Many cupcake decorating ideas rely strictly on frosting, but when you think outside the box coming up with unique ways to decorate cupcakes is not hard at all.
Here Are Some Simple Cupcake Decorating Ideas
Edible items such as candies or cookies often make unique decorations that really make your cupcakes stand out.
- 1 cup unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Hershey Cocoa Powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 Tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 piping bag fitted with a large star tip
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 large squeeze bottle
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line the cupcake pan with paper cupcake liners.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a large bowl then stir to combine them.
- Add the sugar and brown sugar to the bowl the flour mixture is in and stir until everything is combined.
- Add the oil, buttermilk, egg, and vanilla extract to the bowl.
- Use a mixer, first on stir, then on a medium speed to combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Once the batter is ready, fill each cupcake liner 3/4 of the way full with the batter.
- Bake the cupcakes for 21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once they are done, remove the cupcakes from the oven.
- Remove the cupcakes from the pan and set them on a wire rack to cool.
- Combine the butter and flour sugar in a large bowl.
- Cream the ingredients together.
- Add the cocoa powder, vanilla extract and whipping cream to the bowl.
- Beat the mixture on a medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop the frosting into a piping bag fitted with a star tip and set it aside.
- Place the semi sweet chocolate chips into a heatproof glass bowl.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into a small saucepan.
- Heat the heavy whipping cream over medium heat making sure to stir it so it does not burn.
- As soon as the whipping cream starts to simmer pour it over the chocolate chips and allow it to sit for 1 minute
- Whisk the chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream until they are smooth.
- Pour the ganache into a squeeze bottle and set it aside.
- Once the cupcakes are completely cooled, frost them with the chocolate frosting.
- Pipe on the chocolate ganache.
- Unwrap the Lindt chocolate truffle and place it in the middle of the chocolate ganache.
- Break off pieces of the caramel bar and place them behind the Lindt chocolate truffle.
- Sprinkle the chocolate shavings all over the cupcake.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Oven + Stovetop
Final Thoughts About These Cupcake Decorating Ideas
Coming up with unique cupcake decorating ideas is not hard even if you don’t want to work with fondant or a lot of different Wilton Decorating Tips.
Think of the foods you enjoy and how they can be altered to work on a cupcake.
For example, even candy bars can be broken and used a decorations although I do suggest not using ones that have fillings inside of them.
Hard candy, M&M’s, peanut brittle or even lollipops can be used.
Let your imagination run wild!
I really hope you enjoy this recipe and that you feel inspired to go into your kitchen and create!
I’d love to hear what you have come up with or even see photos!
Feel free to comment below!
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Easy Valentine’s Day Cupcake Decorating Ideas
- Eggless Homemade Chocolate Cake Recipe
- How To Make Red Velvet Cupcakes From Scratch
- All About Valentine’s Day Round Up
- Easter Basket Cupcakes
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the screen to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.