Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Love Cooking Company and US Family Guide. All opinions are my own. There are also links to products I recommend from companies I have a referral relationship with. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
If you love cheesecake and you love German Chocolate you are sure to love this German Chocolate cheesecake recipe.
The Love Cooking Company Push Pan
For this recipe, I used the Love Cooking Company Push Pan for the first time.
Part of the video showing the actual cheesecake making was lost.
My final thoughts on the Love Cooking Company Push Pan was that I loved it.
My pan was round, but they have a square pan now as well.
The cheesecake came out of the pan easily and left no residue behind.
The pan was very easy to clean up and I look forward to using it over and over to make many more cheesecake recipes.Print
German Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
For The Crust –
- Butter spray
- 9 chocolate graham cracker sheets
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon chocolate salt
For The Topping –
- 7 – ounce package sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cups pecans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sticks unsalted butter (12)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cups + 1/3 sugar
- 12 – ounce can evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon chocolate salt
For The Cheesecake –
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate (chopped)
- 3 – 8 – ounce packages cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chocolate salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Coat the push pan with spray butter, then layer foil on the outside of the pan going in opposite directions but making sure the sides and bottom of the pan are covered with foil.
- Place all the ingredients for the crust into a food processor .
- Pulse the graham crackers, butter, sugar, and salt in a food processor until fine moist crumbs form, about 1 minute.
- Press the crust evenly into the bottom and up the side of the push pan.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes.
- Remove the push pan the crust is baking in from the oven and sit on a wire rack until it is completely cool.
- While the crust is cooling, choose two aluminum pie pans and fill one with the coconut and the other with the pecans.
- Toast these in the 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for a total of 15 minutes making sure to turn them every 5 minutes so they toast evenly on all sides and do not burn.
- Remove the coconut and pecans once they are toasted and allow them to cool.
- Once the pecans are cool, transfer them to a food processor and coarsely chop them.
- Then transfer them to a small bowl.
- In a large stainless steel pan, combine the butter, eggs, sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla and chocolate salt.
- Bring this to a simmer over medium heat making sure to stir it frequently.
- Once the mixture begins to simmer, turn the heat down some, continue to stir and cook for 10 minutes until the mixture thickens and begins to caramelize.
- Stir in the chopped pecans and toasted coconut . Set the mixture aside to cool.
- Now it is time to make the cheesecake.
- The first step is to set a roasting pan filled half-way with water on the bottom rack of your oven.
- Put the cream cheese, sugar, eggs, cocoa powder and chocolate salt into the food processor .
- Pulse until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla.
- Pulse to mix.
- Add the chocolate chips and pulse again.
- Fill the prepared crust half-way with the batter, then add some of the toppings.
- Depending on the depth of the pan you may or may not have room to add any more batter.
- If you do, add more of the batter to the top, then you can either stop or add a little more of the topping.
- I did one with a batter on top and two that had the actual topping on top.
- The difference is the topping did not crack, but some of the batter came up on the edges of the topping – which was no big deal.
- Once the pan is almost full of batter (leave about 1/2 inch headroom at the top of the pan) place it in the preheated oven and bake for an hour to an hour and 15 minutes.
- The edges should be set but the center should be slightly jiggly.
- Once the cheesecake is done, remove it from the oven, let it cool to room temperature, then refrigerate a minimum of 8 hours.
- Overnight is fine.
- The last step it to remove the cheesecake from the pan.
Keywords: German chocolate cheesecake recipe, German chocolate cheesecake, cheesecake, cheesecake recipe
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Chocolate Raspberry Cake With Cheesecake In The Center
- Decorated Homemade Cheesecake Recipe
- Mini-Pumpkin Cheesecakes with Salted-Caramel Crunch Topping Dessert For Brunch
- Try This Lemon Mousse For An Elegant Brunch Dessert
- Ideas For Easter Brunch
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the screen to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.