Disclaimer: The reviewer has received the product/service at a reduced price or for free. I am being compensated to participate in #Switch2Swerve challenge through the Bookieboo Influencer Network . I will switch out my regular sweetener to Swerve Sweetener from November 18, 2013 through December 20, 2013. All opinions are my own and are my honest opinions based on my own experience with the product.
Desserts and beverages are popular during the holiday season, it’s true – but let’s face it, we need our fruits, vegetables and proteins too.
Sugar does a lot more than just sweeten foods, it can caramelize them too and add a whole new taste dimension to your favorite recipes.
This recipe – Round Steak Caramelized With Swerve Sweetener – is just one example.
The key to taking any recipe and making it your own – in my opinion – is to select similar but different ingredients.
For example, instead of using regular salt, I chose to use black salt which will give my meat a smokey taste.
I could have used plain red wine, but I chose one with chocolate undertones because chocolate and beef pair well.
Mix the ingredients in your favorite recipes up just a little and see what new taste creations you can come up with.
In the meantime, try this recipe – it’s super simple and super delicious!Print
Easy Steak Recipe – KEYWORD
1Lay thawed steak on a stack of paper towels that are about four thick.
2. Lay a second stack of paper towels – again about four thick – on top of the steak and gently press them into the steak. This absorbs the excess liquid and helps to tenderize the meat.
3. Place the dry steak into a bowl or meat marinader.
4. Sprinkle the salt and sugar evenly over both sides of the meat.
5. Add the pink peppercorns to the meat marinader or bowl.
6. Pour the olive oil – then the wine – over the top of the meat.
7. Cover the bowl with Saran Wrap or vacuum seal the meat marinader bowl.
8. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for half an hour.
9. Cook as desired. I choose to cook mine in the oven at 350 degrees F for approximately 30 minutes. For a well done steak the internal temperature is 170 degrees F.
10. Remove steak from the oven and put on a plate.
11. Cover the steak with a foil tent and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
Cut and serve. Top with peppercorn steak sauce if desired.
For recipes or more information on Swerve Sweetener, to connect with Swerve Sweetener on social media or to find out where to purchase Swerve Sweetener, visit these links:
Remember – Swerve measures out cup for cup just like sugar, so you don’t have to worry about doing any crazy math to figure out how to use it in your recipes.