1Lay thawed steak on a stack of paper towels that are about four thick.
2. Lay a second stack of paper towels – again about four thick – on top of the steak and gently press them into the steak. This absorbs the excess liquid and helps to tenderize the meat.
3. Place the dry steak into a bowl or meat marinader.
4. Sprinkle the salt and sugar evenly over both sides of the meat.
5. Add the pink peppercorns to the meat marinader or bowl.
6. Pour the olive oil – then the wine – over the top of the meat.
7. Cover the bowl with Saran Wrap or vacuum seal the meat marinader bowl.
8. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for half an hour.
9. Cook as desired. I choose to cook mine in the oven at 350 degrees F for approximately 30 minutes. For a well done steak the internal temperature is 170 degrees F.
10. Remove steak from the oven and put on a plate.
11. Cover the steak with a foil tent and allow it to sit for 10 minutes.
Cut and serve. Top with peppercorn steak sauce if desired.
Find it online: https://experimentalhomesteader.com/easy-steak-recipe/