Nothing compares to the tender, spicy taste of BBQ oven ribs.
Falling Off The Bone Ribs Are Easy To Make
Beef ribs are easy to make if you know how.
The trick is to cook the ribs long enough that the meat is falling off the bones.
This recipe will take two and a half hours to cook.
The temperature to cook the ribs on is 350 degrees F.
I cook my ribs in a blue enamel ware oval covered pan.
If you don’t have one of these pans, you can use any pan and cover it with aluminum foil.
Getting Started Making Beef Ribs
The first step is to assemble your ingredients.
If you have a large rack of ribs, you will want to cut them down so they will fit in a frying pan or an electric skillet.
Try to leave three bones per section of meat.Print
Easy BBQ Ribs
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon chicken fat or bouillon
- 2 tablespoons safflower oil or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary or 3 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried savory
- 1 1/2 cups red wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon A-1
- To taste: garlic powder , McCormick’s Montreal Steak Spicy Grill Seasoning, salt and fresh ground pepper
- Begin by putting the rosemary , chicken fat or bouillon and oil into a frying pan.
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture begins to gently bubble.
- Flour the beef ribs so all the sides are covered. Then put the ribs, one section at a time into the frying pan.
- Brown the ribs.
- As the ribs brown, set them into the pan that they will be baking in. Once all the ribs are in the pan, add the additional spices to taste as well as the soy sauce and A-1 sauce.
- Pour the beef broth and wine in the bottom of the pan. Then add enough water so the liquid is covering the sides of the ribs. See the photo above to get a better idea of how much water to add.
- Cover the pan and place it in a 350 degree F oven. Set the timer for one hour. When the timer goes off, check the ribs to make sure there is still plenty of water in the pan. If there is not enough water in the pan at that point, add more being careful not to get it on the top of the ribs.
- Put the pan, covered back into the oven for another hour. When that hour is up, check the ribs. The meat should be tender enough that it will easily fall away from the bone using a fork.
- Once the beef ribs have cooked for two hours, remove the pan from the oven, remove the lid, check the water level one last time. If it is low, add more water .
- Before putting the ribs back into the oven for the final half hour of cooking, cover the top of the ribs in BBQ sauce. How much you use will depend on what your family likes. I like to put it on thick. Remember the heat will cause it to run and thin.
- Cover the pan again and put it back in the oven. Set your timer for thirty minutes. When the timer goes off, the beef ribs are done.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Bone Broth Recipe
- How To Use The Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Pork BBQ Ribs
- Instant Pot Spaghetti Sauce
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the page to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.