Green beans are one of my favorite vegetables. During the summer they take up the most room in my garden and of course, I can them for the winter. I love finding new sweet and savory ways to cook them.
I don’t know about you, but if you’re being good and eating your green beans, you may as well make a treat of them. These beans sautéed in butter and maple syrup are tender, sweet and delicious. Give them a try!Print
Sweet Maple Green Beans
- 2 cups green beans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Salt and pepper
- Steam green beans until they soften.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the maple syrup to the butter and mix well.
- Add the green beans to the maple butter mixture and saute for a few minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.