- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup Ground Corn Flour
- 6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Teaspoons crushed ginger
- 3 cloves Black Garlic
- 8 Pineapple Sage leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Herbs de Providence
- 1 teaspoon French Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Spanish Paprika
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Add the olive oil, the black garlic cloves and the crushed ginger to the cast iron skillet .
- Turn the burner to medium heat.
- Using a spatula, stir to lightly toast and combine the three ingriedents.
- Place the ground corn flour in a sealable plastic bag.
- Place one chicken breast at a time in the plastic bag with the corn flour and shake until well coated.
- Carefully put the corn flour coated chicken breast in the cast iron skillet . It is best to use tongs to sit the chicken breast in the hot oil. Remember the oil is hot and might splash you when you put the chicken breast in the skillet so use caution.
- Cook for 5 minutes per side – just long enough to lightly brown the skin of the chicken.
- Sprinkle the remaining spices on the chicken, cut up and dot with butter and then lay fresh rosemary on top.
- Put the lid on the skillet.
- Place it in the oven and then turn the oven on to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.*
- Bake for 50 minutes. I did not turn mine or remove the lid during this time.
- Remove from the oven and serve.
*It is best to not preheat the oven so the cast iron can heat up slowly. Putting cold cast iron in a hot oven can cause it to crack.