Applesauce is a great addition to baked goods especially cakes and breads. Applesauce adds taste and moisture plus it is good for you. Apples and bananas taste great together, so it just makes sense to put applesauce into banana bread. Here is the recipe. I hope you enjoy it!
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 cup of sugar
- ¾ cup of applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of bread flour
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9” x 5” loaf pan.
- Add the bananas to a large bowl, slice the bananas and use an electric mixer to mash them.
- Add the sugar and blend.
- Let mixture stand for 15 minutes.
- Add applesauce and eggs. Mix well.
- Blend in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into the greased loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let stand the bread cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
For those who can fruit at home or even buy various fruit sauces such as pear sauce, feel free to substitute the type of fruit sauce you have on hand. Another alternative to fresh bananas are dehydrated or frozen bananas. Be sure to rehydrate dried bananas if you are using those, then drain the liquid off before adding them to the mixture. Allow frozen bananas to thaw before using them.