My friend, Karen McBride, has been hard at work on a Christmas Themed Fairy Garden.
Once again, she has graciously allowed me to share another one of her fairy garden ideas with all of you.
More About The Christmas Themed Fairy Garden
This one was made inside a terrarium.
She used the Maker’s Holiday Littles along with some of the Maker’s Holiday Christmas Trees to create the scene inside the terrarium.
All of the items were purchased at our local Jo-Ann Fabric And Craft Stores here in Marion, Indiana.
Of course, you can order online from them if you do not have one local to your area.
Here is how she made this Christmas Themed Fairy Garden, which by the way won a Champion ribbon in our local Adult Art and Hobby Show at the Grant County 4H Fair.
- Gather all the Maker’s Holiday Littles Figurines and Christmas Trees, the Poly-Fil fluffy snow as well as the E6000 before you begin.
- Position the trees where you want them, but do not glue them down yet.
- Now position the other figurines.
- Look at it from several angles to make sure you are satisfied with the positioning of everything.
- Once you are happy with the way the terrarium looks, carefully remove the pieces, one at a time and set them aside recreating the scene outside of the terrarium.
- Cut the Poly-Fil Fluffy Snow to fit in the bottom of the terrarium.
- Place the Poly-Fil Fluffy Snow inside the terrarium to make sure it fits.
- Make any adjustments necessary, then glue it into place.
- Allow the glue to dry and then reposition the Maker’s Holiday Littles Figurines and Christmas Trees inside the terrarium.
- Take some time to look it over again, from all angles to make sure you are happy with the positioning of all the pieces.
- If you are satisfied with how it looks, then remove one piece, place a dot of glue on the bottom and put it back inside the terrarium in place. You will need to hold it for several minutes while the glue dries. If you are not happy with how it looks, reposition the pieces until you are satisfied.
- Now move on to the next piece and glue it into place.
- Continue this process until all the pieces are glued down.
- Set the terrarium aside and allow it to dry overnight.
- Once the glue is dry, your new Christmas Themed Fairy Garden is ready to display.
Sheri Ann Richerson is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Final Thoughts About This Christmas Themed Fairy Garden
This Christmas Themed Fairy Garden is so whimsical.
It is sure to capture and child’s imagination.
While this project is suitable for a child to help make, it does require adult supervision.
I also suggest an adult use the E600 glue instead of allowing a child to use it.
Best of all, since all the small pieces are glued into place and secured behind glass, this Christmas Themed Fairy Garden is easy to put away and re-use from year to year.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Christmas Recipes And DIY Ideas
- Polymer Clay Christmas Glass Butterfly Ornaments
- How To Make A Christmas Fairy Garden Basket
- Reindeer Cupcakes To Make For Christmas
- How To Decorate A Lamp Post For Christmas
Use the buttons on the right side to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.