The Maker’s Holiday Littles Figurines at Jo-Ann Fabric And Craft Stores are perfect for using to create a Christmas Fairy Garden Basket!
My friend Karen McBride just loves to make fairy gardens and this time she came up with a super cute one made in a basket instead of a terrarium like she used in her Christmas Themed Fairy Garden.
I absolutely love how creative she is and I love that she shares her projects with me so I can share them with you.
How To Make This Christmas Fairy Garden Basket On A Budget
For the project below she chose 10 different Maker’s Holiday Littles Figurines.
Now that can get expensive, but Jo-Ann Fabric And Craft Stores has a lot of great deals throughout the holiday season on these figurines, so watch for the sales and buy the figurines then.
Of course, sometimes there are figurines you just love, so sometimes watching the display and buying those extra special ones right away is worth it so you don’t miss out.
Here is how Karen made her Christmas Fairy Garden Basket.
How To Make A Christmas Fairy Garden Basket
Learn how to make a Christmas Fairy Garden Basket using the Maker's Holiday Littles Figurines plus how to do it on a budget!
- Gather all of your supplies before you begin.
- Check to see if your block of Styrofoam is the same size or bigger than the wicker basket you're using. If it is too big to fit inside the wicker basket, cut it down so that it sits snugly inside.
- Place the Maker’s Holiday Littles Figurines on top of the styrofoam. Do not glue them down at this stage - only arrange your figurines until you are satisfied with the layout.
- Look at the design from all angles. Take a picture of it with your phone if you wish to make sure you like how your design looks.
- Once you are happy with your design, carefully remove the Maker's Holiday Littles Figurines, one piece at a time and set them on the table in the same layout as they were in the basket.
- Once the piece of Styrofoam is clear of the figurines, figure out how much Poly-Fil Fluffy Snow you need to completely cover the top of the Styrofoam.
- Glue the Poly-Fil Fluffy Snow to the Styrofoam with the E6000 Glue.
- Set your project aside and wait for the glue to dry.
- Once the glue is dry, set the figurines on top of the Poly-Fil Fluffy Snow and look at the design again, from all angles.
- Once you are satisfied with the design you created for your Christmas Fairy Garden Basket, carefully remove each figurine one by one, place some E600 Glue on the bottom of each piece and place it back on top of the Poly-Fil Fluffy Snow.
- Hold each piece in place for a few minutes to make sure the glue dries and the figurines do not tip over.
- Once the figurines are all glued into place, set the completed Christmas Fairy Garden Basket aside and let it dry overnight and then display your gorgeous festive fairy garden!
Sheri Ann Richerson is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Villacera Rectangle Hand Weaved Wicker Baskets Made of Water Hyacinth | Nesting Black and Natural Seagrass Bins | Set of 2
E6000 230010 Craft Adhesive, 3.7 Fluid Ounces
Craft Foam Block - 6-Pack Rectangle Polystyrene Foam Brick - Styrofoam Blocks for Sculpture, Modeling, DIY Arts and Crafts - White, 8 x 4 x 2 inches
Buffalo Batting Snow Cover Blanket 15in.x10ft. 1/Pkg (1-(Pack))
Maker's Fairy Holiday Littles
Final Thoughts On This Christmas Fairy Garden Basket
I really love this simple idea that Karen came up with this time.
It is something that kids can easily do and makes a great family project.
This is also a great Christmas decoration for small areas such a tiny homes, nursing homes or apartments where larger Christmas decorations just won’t work.
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and I hope you will give it a try!
Feel free to leave photos of your fairy garden projects, comments or questions below.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Christmas Recipes And DIY Ideas
- Easy DIY Cork Snowflake Ornaments Christmas Decor Idea
- How To Make A Christmas Themed Fairy Garden
- Reindeer Cupcakes To Make For Christmas
- How To Decorate A Lamp Post For Christmas
Use the buttons on the right side to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.