Why This Honey Marinade Is Simply The Best
There are a lot of honey marinade and honey brine recipes out there, but this one is the best one I have made – and here is why. It is super simple and requires just three ingredients that you most likely already have on hand.
It takes less than 10 minutes to make the marinade and I love how good the meat marinaded in this brine tastes.
Finally, because of the simple ingredients you can add your favorite herbs, spices or extracts to the meat once the marinade is done without worrying if the marinade and the seasonings are going to taste good together.
Here is the recipe:Print
Honey Marinade For All Kinds Of Meat
This recipe makes enough brine to marinate two pounds of meat.
- Prep Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
- Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
- Category: Condiments
- Method: Stovetop
- Put water , salt and honey into a pan.
- Bring the pan to a simmer, stirring continually until the honey and salt are dissolved.
- Remove the pan from the burner and allow the mixture to cool.
- Put the meat into a bowl or meat marinade container, if you have one.
- Pour the cooled brine over the meat making sure the meat is completely covered.
- Cover the bowl with a lid or Saran Wrap.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 3 hours.
- After the 3 hours are up, remove the meat from the brine and place the meat on paper towels.
- Pat the meat dry with the paper towels.
- Pour the brine out of the dish, rinse the dish out and dry it, then put the dry meat back into the dish.
- Place the lid or Saran Wrap back on the bowl and refrigerate the meat for an additional 3.
- Remove the meat from the bowl and pat it dry.
- The meat is now ready to cook per the instructions on the recipe you are following.
Keywords: honey brine, honey marinade
While this honey marinade recipe makes chicken extra special, I really encourage you to also try it on turkey or ham for the holidays.
The marinade tastes very salty, but once you take the meat out of the marinade and pat it dry, the salty taste does not linger in the meat.
The salt is mainly for flavor and to help tenderize the meat.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Easy Brunch Appetizer Honey Ham Recipe
- How To Make Raspberry Vinegar
- Bow Tie Pasta In A Creamy Sage Recipe Sauce
- Five 30 Minute Or Less Dinner Ideas For Tonight
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the page to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.