A special thanks goes out to Terra’s Kitchen for sharing this recipe.
- 12 store bought plain cake donuts
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Matcha powder
- Edible petals/flowers (violas, lilac, blueberry, carnation, nasturtium, marigold, bachelor button, chive)*
- White sugar pearls
- Chocolate dipped pretzels
- Edible Gold (if you want to be super fancy)
Make the glaze:
- Add the confectioners’ sugar to a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the milk and the vanilla extract, then whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- Divide the glaze you just made between 3 bowls.
- Leave 1/3 of the glaze white.
- Mix in a small amount of the Matcha powder to the second bowl to make a pale green glaze.
- Mix in a slightly larger amount of the Matcha powder to the third bowl to make a darker green glaze.
- Cover all three glazes with plastic wrap. Be sure to push the plastic wrap against the glaze to keep it from crusting over.
Dip and decorate the donuts:
- Working with one color of glaze at a time, dip 4 of the donuts into the glaze and rest on a drying rack.
- Working while the glaze is still wet, decorate each donut with the edible flowers*, sprinkles, chocolate dipped pretzels and edible gold.
- Repeat the process with the remaining two colors of glaze.
- Allow the donuts to dry just long enough for the glaze to harden and serve!
* Note: Go sparingly on the edible flowers…a little flower petal goes a long way! Also be sure to use only organic edible flowers!