If you’re looking for quick and easy Nutter Butter Christmas Cookie ideas that you can make at the last minute, then these cute Santa Claus Nutter Butter Cookies are perfect!
Why I Like Decorated Nutter Butter Cookie Ideas
One reason why I like the decorated Nutter Butter Cookie ideas that I come across or come up with is because of how easy they are to make.
The Nutter Butter Sandwich Cookies are the perfect shape for making Nutter Butter Snowmen Cookies, Santa Claus’ Cookies and many other similar shaped cookies.
It is a lot easier to decorate store bought cookies than it is to start from scratch, bake the cookies and wait for them to cool before decorating them.
Plus if you have guests who have called ahead to say they are arriving within the hour, it is possible to decorate a few cookies, put them on a plate to offer your guests a snack or even into a cookie tin to offer them as a gift.
These types of cookies are also really easy for kids to decorate.
When you think about it, these Nutter Butter Cookie ideas are also great for using for a decorate your own cookie bar at a holiday party!
Here is how to create these cute Santa Claus Nutter Butter cookies:Print
- Melt the Wilton Candy Melts in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Stir and if the candy is not melted, return it to the microwave and set it for another 10 seconds. Stir the candy. If it is still not melted, repeat this process until the candy is fully melted. Take care to not overheat the candy.
- Dip one end of the Nutter Butter Cookie into the melted white chocolate.
- Hold the cookie over a bowl and sprinkle the red sugar candies on the white chocolate making sure to turn the cookie over to coat all of the chocolate.
- Hold onto the cookie for a moment to let the icing dry and then lay it on a wire rack .
- Continue this process until all the cookies are done.
- Place two wooden skewers across the wire rack leaving one opening in between them (see photo).
- Dip the other end of the cookie in the white chocolate.
- Use a skewer to swirl the chocolate to create the beard.
- Lay the cookie on the wooden skewers in such a way that the white chocolate beard does not touch the skewers or the wire rack .
- Continue dipping the cookies and making the beards until all the cookies are complete.
- Now begin decorating the cookies. You can use the icing or you can use the white chocolate. I felt the icing worked better, but this is a personal preference.
- Place two eyes on the face and attach them either with icing or chocolate.
- Do the same thing for the nose, which is the cinnamon red hot candy.
- Lastly attach the white chocolate chip to the hat to create a tassel.
- Now set the cookies aside and let them dry for an hour up to overnight.
- Eat and enjoy!
- Category: Desserts
- Method: No Bake
Final Thoughts On These Nutter Butter Christmas Cookie Ideas
Don’t feel like you must decorate your cookies the exact way I decorated mine.
Use this as guide and let your imagination wander.
While the traditional Santa Claus always wears red, I have seen Santa Claus suits of different colors like pink, green or white.
If you don’t care for Cinnamon Red Hot candies or maybe cannot find any, use miniature gumdrops or even an M&M for the nose.
Also, consider letting the kids help you decorate these cookies.
They make great last minute gifts and are ideal for Christmas parties!
If you make this recipe, I hope you will come back and leave your thoughts about it in the comment section below.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Nutter Butter Snowman Cookies Tutorial
- White Mint Cake Recipe
- Christmas Recipes And DIY Ideas
- Reindeer Cupcakes To Make For Christmas
- Decorating Store Bought Holiday Cookies
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the screen to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.