Homemade Egg Nog is really easy to make, tastes great and best of all you don’t have to fight the holiday crowds or be disappointed when the store you go to is sold out.
If you love the rich, creamy taste of classic egg nog, but don’t like the idea of using raw eggs – or if you are serving the egg nog to guests who might object, this non-alcoholic egg nog recipe is for you.
There are also links to products I recommend from companies I have a referral relationship with. I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.Print
- 12 eggs
- 1 ¼ c. sugar
- 4 c. whole milk
- 2 t. vanilla extract
- 1 t. ground nutmeg
- 2 c. evaporated milk
- 2 c. half and half
- Combine the eggs and sugar in a medium glass bowl and whisk until they are thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and stir in the whole milk, vanilla extract, and ground nutmeg .
- In a separate glass bowl, stir the evaporated milk and half and half until combined.
- Heat the egg mixture over medium-low heat while stirring constantly to prevent the milk from scorching.
- When the mixture reaches 160 degrees on a candy thermometer, remove the pan from heat and slowly whisk in the evaporated milk mixture.
- Cool slightly before tasting.
- Add more sugar or nutmeg , if desired, before transferring to an airtight container .
- Refrigerate overnight or until thoroughly chilled.
- Serve in mugs and garnish with whipped cream, cinnamon sticks, or a dash of nutmeg .
Note: For an adults-only version, add some rum, bourbon, or cognac to taste.
- Category: Beverages
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: non alcoholic egg nog, egg nog recipe, non alcoholic egg nog recipe, delicious non alcoholic drinks, easy tasty drinks, great drink recipes, holiday recipes, Christmas recipes
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Non Alcoholic Copycat Painkiller Cocktail Recipe
- Basil Strawberry Watermelon Flavored Fruit Water
- Lemon Balm And Lavender Herbal Tea Recipe
- Simple Strawberry Milkshake Recipe
- Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the screen to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.