Disclaimer: The reviewer has received Swerve in the past for free. I was compensated to participate in #Switch2Swerve challenge through the Bookieboo Influencer Network . I did switch out my regular sweetener for the Swerve Sweetener from November 18, 2013 through December 20, 2013. This post does include the Swerve Brown Sugar , but was not part of the original #Switch2Swerve challenge and does not include any free products. All opinions are my own and are my honest opinions based on my own experience with the product.
This stir-fry beef and broccoli recipe is a great way to enjoy the taste of Chinese food without breaking your New Year’s Resolutions!
Not to mention for those on a restricted diet, this Stir-Fry Beef and Broccoli Recipe has no sugar, gluten, or soy!
There are also substitutions below for those who are not on a restricted diet!
Here is the stir-fry beef and broccoli recipe.Print
- 1 pound boneless chuck or round steak, cut into 1 inch strips
- 4 cups frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- ½ cup and 2 tablespoons water , divided
- 1 onion, halved and sliced
- ⅓ cup liquid aminos
- 3 Tablespoons arrowroot, divided
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons Swerve Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Slice the beef into thin strips.
- Place the sliced beef into a zip-top freezer bag .
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 Tablespoons arrowroot powder, 2 tablespoons water, and the garlic powder.
- Pour over the beef in the bag and seal the bag.
- Shake the bag to coat the beef evenly.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and swirl around the skillet.
- Add the beef and cook the beef until it is brown on all sides and almost fully cooked.
- Remove the beef from skillet and set it someplace where it will stay warm.
- Add additional oil to the cast iron skillet if it is needed.
- Put the onion in the cast iron skillet and cook them until they are translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add the broccoli to the skillet and cook it until it is heated through.
- Meanwhile, in a large measuring cup or bowl, combine the liquid aminos, ½ cup water, 1 tablespoon arrowroot, the Swerve Brown Sugar , and the ground ginger .
- Mix these ingredients together until they are well blended.
- Return the beef to the skillet with the onions and broccoli.
- Pour the mixed liquid over the beef and vegetables.
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring often, until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve immediately.
Note: For those who do not have diet sensitivities or restrictions, you can use these substitutions in equal amounts: cornstarch instead of arrowroot, soy sauce instead of liquid aminos, brown sugar instead of Swerve Brown Sugar .
- Category: Beef
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: broccoli recipe, cast iron cooking, stir fry recipes beef, gluten free recipes for dinner, swerve recipes, swerve brown sugar recipes, soy free recipes, broccoli recipes
Final Thoughts About This Gluten-Free Stir-Fry Beef And Broccoli Recipe
The really fun part about this stir-fry beed and broccoli recipe is it is versatile so it works for those with diet restrictions as well as those without diet restrictions.
It also allows you to use fresh, frozen or canned broccoli, depending on what you have on hand and your personal preference.
I also wanted to add that I have tried the Swerve Sugars for free during an ambassadorship with the company and they are delicious!
While some people might notice a slight aftertaste, many do not.
This particular stir-fry beef and broccoli recipe does not include any of the product I received for free during that time.
It is simply a great recipe I wanted to share with you and all products used in the creation of this recipe were paid for.
If you are looking for more Swerve Recipes, be sure to check these out –
- How To Make Swerve Whipped Cream
- Easy Swerve Homemade Dinner Rolls Recipe
- Coconut, Cinnamon And Rose Swerve Cookie Recipe
- Swerve, Honey And Maple Syrup Slow Cooker Pork Roast
- Chocolate Cranberry Eye Of Round Roast Recipe
I truly hope you love this recipe and I would love to hear your comments below!
I highly recommend the following articles:
- How To Can Broccoli
- How To Make Homemade Tomato Soup In A Dutch Oven
- Instant Pot Little Smokies Easy Party Snack
- Best Cast Iron Skillet Recipes
Use the buttons in the upper right hand corner to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.