Disclaimer: The Spellbinders brand provided me with a sample of the Spellbinders Celebra’tions Collection in exchange for a produce review. However, all opinions expressed here are my own.
I really love the whole line of Spellbinders products. The paper crafting products are high quality and the machines are easy to use. I appreciate that and thus buy lots of Spellbinder products. The items I am showing you today that were used in making the Celebrate Party Hat Card were sent to me complimentary. The paper was all pre-cut and embossed. All I had to do was assemble the card. That was a real time saver. I made a short video of the process, but the sound did not come out very loud, so I am also going to write out the directions and materials list just in case you want to duplicate this cute card. We will start with the video.
For this project you need the following Spellbinders Celebra’tions Supplies:
- Golden Glow cardstock
- Whirl White cardstock
- Cool Carribean cardstock
- Captivating Coral cardstock prints
- Sea Spray ink
- Linen thread
- Create-a-Cone die template
- Enhanced banner die template
- Many Words stamp set
Other craft supplies:
- Foam squares – I used the foam squares scrapbook adhesives by 3L
1. Cut all of your pieces to the right size and lay out the items on a table.
2. Begin by folding the Cool Caribbean cardstock in half to make the base of the card.
3. Attach the Whirl White cardstock to the front of the card base.
4. Next attach the Captivating Coral cardstock print in pink polka dot to the top of the Whirl White cardstock.
5. Fold the party hat in half and add adhesive to the tiny flap to glue the two sides of the party hat together.
6. Attach three foam squares to the back of the party hat. Be sure to remove the paper from both sides. Then attach the party hat to the front of the card.
7. Tie the linen thread into a bow and lay it on the bottom corner of the party hat.
8. Glue the textured side of the first flower to the party hat making sure to center the flower over the top of the linen bow.
9. Attach a foam square to the smooth side of the second flower and press it onto the top of the first flower. Be sure to offset the petals.
10. Gently bend the petals of the top flower upward.
11. Attach a foam square to the center of the circle that will go into the middle of the flower and attach it.
12. Stamp the word “celebration” onto the banner.
13. Turn the banner over once the ink is dry and apply glue to the backside.
14. Gently slide the banner into place underneath the flower.
15. Glue several sequins to the hat to embellish it.
16. Set the card aside and allow it to dry over night.
Creating this Celebrate Party Hat Card using the new #Spellbinders Celebra’tions Collection really is that easy. It took me less than 15 minutes from start to finish – of course, my shapes were already cut and the word “celebration” was already stamped onto my banner. I am sure that saved me at least 15 minutes and maybe as much as 30 minutes of my time. I enjoyed working with the Celebra’tions Cardstock and Pattern Paper. I loved the vibrant, captivating colors and the perfectly coordinated printed paper. I can see where this would make getting the color combinations correct super easy.
This line was designed by Richard Garay to help paper crafters and hostesses achieve beautiful results. Mr. Garay has a passion for paper crafts, event hosting and handmade greetings.