When I saw this Patriotic Jello recipe idea for Independence Day on Liliane Pucci’s Facebook page, I knew right away I wanted to share it with you, so I asked her if it was ok.
She said yes.
I encourage you to go give her page a look if you are a foodie because the recipes she makes are simply stunning!
Here is her Patriotic Jello Recipe.
I hope you enjoy it!
This recipe is courtesy of Liliane Pucci.
- Dissolve each package of gelatin in 1 cup of boiling water in separate bowls.
- Add ½ cup cold water to each bowl and stir well.
- Pour one bowl of blue gelatin into a lightly oiled 10-inch fluted tube pan.
- Chill until almost set, about 30 minutes.
- Set the other 3 bowls of gelatin aside at room temperature until needed.
- Soften unflavored gelatin in remaining cold water and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat the milk in a saucepan over medium heat until it’s just below the boiling point.
- Mix the softened gelatin and sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Stir in the sour cream and vanilla extract.
- When the blue gelatin is almost set, spoon 1 ½ cups of the sour cream mixture over it.
- Chill until almost the sour cream is set. This takes approximately 30 minutes.
- Spoon one bowl of strawberry gelatin over the top of the sour cream layer.
- Chill the jello until the new layer is almost set.
- Continue adding layers of cream mixture, blue gelatin, and strawberry gelatin until you run out making sure to chill each layer until it is almost set.
- Once the last layer is on, chill the jello overnight for best results.
NOTE: This jello mold takes time to prepare since each layer must be almost set before the next layer is added. The layers will not stick together if the layers completely set between layering.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Ideas For Independence Day Celebrations
- Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
- Try This Lemon Mousse For An Elegant Brunch Dessert
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake With A Twist
- White Mint Cake Recipe
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the screen to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.