- 4 fresh yams
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Zest of one small orange (grated orange peel)
- Orange slices (optional)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 bag miniature marshmallows
- Wash then boil the yams with their peel on until they are tender.
- Let the yams cool and them remove the peel.
- Cut each yam into four to five pieces and arrange the pieces on large baking dish.
- Pour the orange juice over the yams and then sprinkle the orange zest on top of the yams.
- Sprinkle the yams with brown sugar and dot the tops with butter.
- Top the yams with marshmallows and then place orange slices on top if desired.
- Bake the yams for 20 to 25 minutes at 350F until marshmallows melt.
- Serve immediately.