If you’re looking for really simple Oreo cookie decorating ideas for Valentine’s Day, don’t miss this idea!
What I Like About These Oreo Cookie Decorating Ideas
Simple recipes and simple decorating ideas that look like I spent a lot of time in the kitchen make me happy.
I don’t know about you, but something that takes an hour is a lot easier for me to squeeze into my busy schedule than something that takes all day.
I really love that all it takes to make these Oreo pops is three ingredients plus some lollipop sticks .
Everyone who sees them is sure to comment about how cute they are, not to mention they are sure to wonder how you made them.
Wilton makes decorating pre-made cookies so easy with their new heart decorations and of course candy melts.
Here is how to easily create these Oreo Cookie Valentine Day Pops!Print
Oreo Cookie Decorating Ideas For Valentine’s Day
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: No Bake
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Place the contents of one bag of the candy melts in a microwave safe bowl.
- Place the candy melts in the microwave.
- Heat the candy melts on high for 30 seconds and stir.
- Repeat in 30-second increments, stirring each time, until completely melted.
- Do not overheat the candy melts as the chocolate will seize and become unusable.
- If the candy melts are too thick after they are melted, add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil or vegetable shortening.
- Dip the tip of each lollipop stick in the candy melts and gently press it into the cream center of the cookies. If the cookie cracks, press it back together.
- Rest the lollipop stick against the side of the bowl making sure the bottom is secure and cannot slide.
- Spoon the melted candy melts over the cookie.
- Then turn the cookie around and repeat the process on the opposite side.
- Turn the cookie sideways and allow the excess candy melts to run back into the bowl. If air bubbles form, pop them with a toothpick.
- Place the coated cookie onto a wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Immediately press one icing decoration into the center of the cookie.
- Allow the cookie to set completely at room temperature or refrigerate for faster results.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature until you are ready to serve them.
Final Thoughts About This Oreo Cookie Decorating Ideas For Valentine’s Day
These Oreo cookie decorating ideas are great for Valentine’s Day Parties, to give to that special someone or even to make a cookie bouquet with.
This is also a fun food craft idea for kids because it is so simple to do.
But remember to have an adult help with the melting and pouring of the candy melts because they do get pretty hot.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- All About Valentine’s Day Round Up
- Lindt Lindor Cupcake Decorating Ideas And Recipe
- Oatmeal Peanut Butter No Bake Cookie Recipe
- Decorating Store Bought Holiday Cookies
- Crescent Rolls Apple Pie Filling Dessert Recipe
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the screen to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.