- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line the cupcake pan with paper cupcake liners.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to a large bowl then stir to combine them.
- Add the sugar and brown sugar to the bowl the flour mixture is in and stir until everything is combined.
- Add the oil, buttermilk, egg, and vanilla extract to the bowl.
- Use a mixer, first on stir, then on a medium speed to combine the wet and dry ingredients.
- Once the batter is ready, fill each cupcake liner 3/4 of the way full with the batter.
- Bake the cupcakes for 21 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once they are done, remove the cupcakes from the oven.
- Remove the cupcakes from the pan and set them on a wire rack to cool.
- Combine the butter and flour sugar in a large bowl.
- Cream the ingredients together.
- Add the cocoa powder, vanilla extract and whipping cream to the bowl.
- Beat the mixture on a medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop the frosting into a piping bag fitted with a star tip and set it aside.
Chocolate Ganache Directions:
- Place the semi sweet chocolate chips into a heatproof glass bowl.
- Pour the heavy whipping cream into a small saucepan.
- Heat the heavy whipping cream over medium heat making sure to stir it so it does not burn.
- As soon as the whipping cream starts to simmer pour it over the chocolate chips and allow it to sit for 1 minute
- Whisk the chocolate chips and heavy whipping cream until they are smooth.
- Pour the ganache into a squeeze bottle and set it aside.
Cupcake Decorating Directions:
- Once the cupcakes are completely cooled, frost them with the chocolate frosting.
- Pipe on the chocolate ganache.
- Unwrap the Lindt chocolate truffle and place it in the middle of the chocolate ganache.
- Break off pieces of the caramel bar and place them behind the Lindt chocolate truffle.
- Sprinkle the chocolate shavings all over the cupcake.