Every child who loves Moana is sure to these Moana Heart Of Te Fiti Sugar Cookies!
How To Make The Moana Heart Of Te Fiti Sugar Cookies
Learning how to make the Moana Heart Of Te Fiti Sugar Cookies is really easy.
Best of all, you can start with my homemade sugar cookie recipe.
For those who do not have time to make cookies from scratch, you can buy pre-made sugar cookies to bake at home or buy ones that are already baked in the deli section of most grocery stores.
Whichever way you go, there are a few ingredients you need to decorate the cookies with.
Here are the instructions for decorating the Moana Heart Of Te Fiti Sugar Cookies.
How To Make Moana Heart Of Te Fiti Sugar Cookies
- Prep Time: 2 hours 45 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 2 hours 57 minutes
- Yield: 24 cookies 1x
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Oven
Ingredients For The Sugar Cookies:
- 1 cup unsalted real butter, cubed (not margarine)
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon flavored extract of your choice
Ingredients To Decorate Two Dozen Moana Heart Of Te Fiti Sugar Cookies:
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 to 6 Tablespoons milk
- Green gel food coloring
- 8 ounces green fondant
- Cream the butter and sugar until just combined. Do not over mix the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs and mix again.
- Add the flour, cornstarch and salt to the butter mixture and turn the mixer on low to combine the ingredients.
- Mix just long enough for the mixture to form into a ball.
- Stir in the vanilla bean paste and the flavored extract of choice.
- Roll the dough into a log shape, then wrap the dough in Saran Wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
- When the hour is up, remove the chilled dough from the refrigerator and roll it out to ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut out the cookie dough shapes, lay them out on parchment paper lined cookie sheets and put them back in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the cookies into the oven on the parchment lined cookie sheets and bake for 9 to 12 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once the cookies are completely cool, use an electric mixer to beat the butter, sugar and 4 Tablespoons milk until it is smooth. If the icing is not smooth enough or easy to spread, add the additional milk, a Tablespoon at a time and mix it in until the icing is the desired consistency.
- Add two to four drops of green gel food coloring to the butter mixture and mix on low until the frosting is the shade of green you want it to be.
- Roll a piece of green fondant into a long strip, about 4 inches long.
- Use a spatula to spread the green frosting on each cookie, then set the cookie aside so you can move on to the next cookie.
- Place one strip of fondant onto each cookie in a circular motion starting in the center of the cookie. Press the fondant into the icing just enough to make it stick.
- Trim off any excess fondant when you get to the edge of the cookie.
- Continue this process until all the cookies are decorated. If the icing dries too fast, you can always add a little more to the top of the cookie before adding the fondant.
Keywords: Moana Heart Of Te Fiti Sugar Cookies, sugar cookies, heart of te fiti cookies, heart of te fiti inspired cookies, Moana inspired cookies
Final Thoughts On The Moana Heart Of Te Fiti Sugar Cookies
These Moana Heart Of Te Fiti Sugar Cookies turned out so cute that I can’t imagine anyone who won’t love them.
They are perfect for Moana inspired parties or even just for snacking on while watching the movie.
I hope you enjoy this recipe and will leave your comments below!
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Moana Printable Fun Worksheets
- Emoji Toasted Pecan Orange Sugar Cookie Ideas
- How To Make Birthday Safari Theme Decorations
- Ant Man The Movie Plus Fun Activity Worksheets
- Live Action Beauty And The Beast Release Date Plus Free Activity Pages
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the screen to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.