Disclaimer: This review and giveaway was made possible by iConnect Influencer Management and Litehouse Foods. I was compensated for my participation in this campaign, but all opinions are 100% mine.
You are going to love this Italian Herb Gorgonzola Leaf Bites tutorial if you want something that tastes great and looks amazing.
Food should not only look good but it should taste fabulous and that is the goal most people have in mind when the holidays roll around.
This year I participated in the LitehouseHolidazzle Food Campaign.
I was given three ingredients and the challenge was to use those three ingredients to make one delicious, great looking recipe.
Where The Italian Herb Gorgonzola Leaf Bites Idea Came From
I came up with these Italian Herb Gorgonzola Leaf Bites which I served to my guests on Thanksgiving Day.
I also sent some to work with my husband to share with his co-workers who are always asking what I am up to in the kitchen.
These cheese bites were a hit.
The Italian Herb Gorgonzola Leaf Bites tasted good.
They looked good – and I had a lot of fun cutting out the little leaf shapes then decorating them with the Fresh Italian Herbs from Litehouse which added a very festive look to the cheese bites.
This Italian Herb Gorgonzola Leaf Bites recipe is super easy and all you need are 3 ingredients a jar of Litehouse Instantly Fresh Italian Herb Blend, a bottle of Litehouse Tuscan Herb with Lemon Dressing and Marinade and a 4 ounce tub of Simply Artisan Reserve™ Gorgonzola Cheese Crumbles.
I was lucky enough to receive all three ingredients for free as part of this campaign.
These Italian Herb Gorgonzola Leaf Bites Are Quick And Easy To Make
The recipe took about 10 minutes total from start to finish and I was not rushing.
In fact, I was shooting video and photos during that time so I am sure it would be a lot faster without those external distractions.
Here is my Italian Herb Gorgonzola Leaf Bites recipe – complete with a video tutorial from start to finish for those who like a visual step-by-step presentation.Print
Italian Herb Gorgonzola Leaf Bites Tutorial
These Italian Herb Gorgonzola Leaf Bites appetizers using Litehouse Italian Herbs and Gorgonzola Cheese are elegant, easy to make ahead of time and taste great!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: no cook
- Litehouse Instantly Fresh Italian Herb Blend – for garnishing
- 1 Tablespoon and 1/4 teaspoon Litehouse Tuscan Herb with Lemon Dressing and Marinade
- 4 ounces Simply Artisan Reserve™ Gorgonzola Cheese Crumbles
- Place the 4 ounces of Simply Artisan Reserve™ Gorgonzola Cheese Crumbles – broken up and Litehouse Tuscan Herb with Lemon Dressing and Marinade in a food processor and pulse until smooth and well mixed.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor a little bit at a time. The exact amount is dependent on the size of the Italian Herb Gorgonzola Leaf Bites you want to make. I choose to remove just enough each time to roll into a small ball and use my cookie cutter on.
- Roll the cheese into a ball, then gently pat it down using your fingers. I put mine on a non-stick silicone mat so my cheese did not stick to the surface.
- Once the cheese is flattened to your liking, press the cookie cutter into it to shape.
- Press the cheese into the fresh herbs – or sprinkle them on top, then gently press on them to push them into the cheese. Do this on both sides. Set the Italian Herb Gorgonzola Leaf Bites aside until you are done, then refrigerate them until it is time to serve them.
- An alternative method that I also tried was rolling the cheese balls in the herbs before I cut the shapes out. This worked equally well – so it is all about the finished presentation that you want to achieve.
Keywords: quick easy recipe, recipe, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving recipe, appetizer, cheese, cheese appetizer, holiday appetizer, herb cheese