These easy beef nachos are made in a cast iron skillet in the oven.
Best of all, this easy cast iron skillet in the oven beef nacho recipe is gluten-free, grain-free and keto friendly, not to mention ideal for a Super Bowl Party or a late night snack.
A Healthy Snack The Whole Family Will Enjoy
Sometimes getting kids to eat their vegetables is tricky.
However, as author Amy Lacy found out, even her son James is a nacho-holic who can’t get enough of these beef nachos.
Since she uses a Cali’flour Pizza Crust as a nacho base, that is no longer an issue, at least with this recipe.
Amy Lacy is the author of Cali’flour Kitchen: 125 Cauliflower-Based Recipes for the Carbs You Crave and she is also the founder of Cali’flour Foods, a national brand famous for its grain-free cauliflower-based pizza crusts, crisps, flatbreads, pasta , and more
Her book is designed for people across the dietary spectrum, so they can enjoy their favorite foods guilt-free.
With more than 125 quick and easy recipes, Cali’flour Kitchen is all about indulging without compromising health.
Why Use A Cast Iron Skillet In The Oven?
Cooking in cast iron is one of the easiest ways to make a recipe because it is so versatile.
Not to mention cast iron, when seasoned properly is non-stick and easy to clean up afterwards, even for sticky cheese dishes such as these beef nachos.
Here is Amy Lacey’s easy cast iron skillet in the oven gluten-free beef nacho recipe.Print
Easy Cast Iron Skillet In The Oven Gluten-Free Beef Nacho Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Oven
- 2 avocados
- ¹⁄₂ small tomato, chopped (optional)
- ¹⁄₄ small red onion, minced
- ¹⁄₄ teaspoon sea salt , or to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice, or to taste
- ¹⁄₂ recipe Cali’flour Chips*
- ¹⁄₂ cup (55 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- ¹⁄₂ cup (60 g) cooked ground beef
- ¹⁄₂ cup (120 ml) Red Salsa*
- 1 small jalapeño chile, sliced (optional)
- 2 scallions (white and green parts), chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
How To Make The Guacamole:
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits.
- Scoop out the avocado flesh and put it in a medium bowl.
- Using the back of a fork, mash the avocado until as chunky or smooth as you like it.
- Mix in the tomato (if using), onion, salt, and cilantro.
- Stir in the lime juice.
- Taste and season with more salt and/or lime juice if needed.
How To Make The Nachos:
- Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit or 190° Celsius.
- Place half of the chips in the bottom of a medium cast-iron skillet.
- Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of the cheese, followed by ¼ cup (30 g) of the beef, then ¼ cup (60 ml) of the salsa and half of the chile, if using.
- Repeat the layering, then finish with the remaining 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Top with the scallions and cilantro.
- Dollop the sour cream on top and add the guacamole to the sides for dipping.
- Serve immediately, straight from the skillet.
Keywords: cast iron skillet in the oven, beef nachos recipe, beef nachos recipe easy, cauliflour recipes, gluten free recipes, grain free recipes, keto recipes
Additional Tips For Making This Easy Cast Iron Skillet In The Oven Gluten-Free Beef Nacho Recipe
In her cookbook Cali’flour Kitchen: 125 Cauliflower-Based Recipes for the Carbs You Crave Amy Lacey shares a few extra tips for making this beef nacho recipe extra delicious.
She has been kind enough to let me share a few of those tips with you.
Her first tip is to make the salsa a little wetter than you would if you were spreading it over pizza by adding juices from the tomato can.
For those who like spicy foods, she suggests making the chip with a Spicy Jalapeño Crust instead of a regular crust and this recipe is on page 26 of her cookbook.
“You can still enjoy your favorite Super Bowl splurge foods when you make them with cauliflower,” concludes Lacey. “You’ll get all the flavors you love minus the ingredients you don’t need. There’s no better way to kick off game day and do what’s right for your health!”
Have you tried this recipe?
Be sure to leave your comments below.
I highly recommend the following articles:
- Best Cast Iron Skillet Recipes
- Gluten-Free Vegetarian Buffalo Cauliflower Recipe
- Instant Pot Little Smokies Easy Party Snacks
- Mahon-Menorca Baked Cheese Crisps
- Benefits Of Using Cast Iron For Cooking
- How To Cook In Cast Iron Pans
Use the buttons on the right hand side of the page to share this article with friends or family who might find it useful. Pin the picture below to your pinboard on Pinterest for future reference.