- Cut the chicken breast into strips that are 1 inch wide and 2 1/2 inches long. Then set them aside.
- Shred the Parmesan Cheese.*
- Place the fennel seed, Black Sea salt and thyme in a mortar and pestle or an herb grinder to crush the mixture.
- Measure out the Panko breadcrumbs and place them, the shredded Parmesan cheese, along with the spice mixture from the mortar and pestle into a bag or on a plate. Shake or stir to combine.
- Measure out the flour and place it in a small bag or on a plate.
- Break open the eggs and place them in a bowl along with the milk.
- Use a fork to whisk the milk and eggs together.
- Fill a 10 inch cast iron skillet 1/8 inch olive oil and begin warming the oil over medium heat.
- Dip the chicken strips into the flour to coat them or place them in the bag and shake it to coat them.
- Dip the flour coated chicken strips into the milk and egg mixture.
- Roll the chicken strips in the breadcrumb mixture or shake them in a bag to coat the pieces with breadcrumbs.
- Place the breadcrumb coated fritters in the warm oil and cook them for 4 minutes on one side.
- Turn the fritters over and cook them for another 3 minutes.
- Place the cooked fritters on paper towels to drain and cover them with another paper towel to keep them warm while the remaining fritters cook.
- Serve warm with a dipping sauce of your choice. We went with Buffalo Sauce and BBQ Sauce, but a sauce such as a sweet and sour, a salsa or an artichoke pesto work well too.
*It is best to use fresh Parmesan Cheese instead of the powdered kind.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: chicken tender recipe, chicken recipes, chicken tenders, chicken tender recipes easy, chicken breast recipes