Disclaimer: The Spellbinders brand provided me with a sample of the Spellbinders Celebra’tions Collection in exchange for a produce review. However, all opinions expressed here are my own.
I was one of the lucky bloggers chosen to receive a surprise package of goodies from Spellbinders. I anxiously awaited the arrival of my kit so I could see what was inside it and begin crafting. I already own quite a few Spellbinders dies and the Spellbinders Grand Caliber die cutting machine. To say the least, I am a big fan of Spellbinders products. The day my kit arrived I sent a friend a text and she awaited photos of what was in the kit. It was an exciting moment for both of us.
Later that night I set about assembling the two projects – the Best Day Ever Treat Bag and the Celebrate Party Hat Card. Since Spellbinders sent everything already stamped and ready to go I had very little preparation to do to create this treat bag. It only took a few minutes to assemble. Of course, if you are doing this at home, you are likely making more than one. I do suggest you get everything stamped and cut out before you begin. It does make the assembly process faster and easier. Here is the tutorial on how to make the #Spellbinders Best Day Ever Treat Bag.
Spellbinders Celebra’tions Supplies Used:
Pixie Play Cardstock
Whirl White Cardstock
Build-a-Tag One Die Template
Fun Tags Stamp Set
Odacious Orange Ink
Pretty Plum Ink
Pixie Play Ink
Other Craft Supplies:
Foam Squares – I used the Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
Kraft Paper Bags
1. Cut and stamp the tags the day before. If you are stamping the paper bags do this the day before as well. Allow the items to dry overnight. It really doesn’t take this long but if you have time I do suggest spreading the process out over the course of two days. You can use patterned scissors – like I did – to create scalloped edges around the tags. That decision is up to you but I think it adds a decorative touch.
2. Once you begin assembling the best day ever treat bag, use the foam squares to attach the small tags to the larger ones – or even to attach the large tags to one another so they stay exactly where you want them to.
3. Fill the paper bag with the special treat, a card or gift item.
4. Run the linen thread through the holes in the tops of the tags.
5. Gather the top of the paper bag and tie the linen thread around it. I chose to make a bow so the thread was not too hard to untie.
6. That’s all there is to it. It’s now time to hand out the treat bags or decorate with them until time to hand them out.
Here is a short video showing you how I assembled the #Spellbinders Best Day Ever Treat Bag. I forgot to mention in the video that you want to put your treats or gifts into the bag before you seal it up.
The other item I made using the supplies that came in my Spellbinders Celebra’tions Collection kit was the Spellbinders Celebrate Party Hat Card.