This Chocolate Cranberry Eye Of Round Roast Recipe is juicy and delicious made in the FlavorWave Turbo Oven however you can make in a skillet to oven too.
- Lay the eye of round roast on a stack of paper towels that are about four paper towels thick and folded in half.
- Put a second stack of paper towels, again about four towels thick and folded in half on top of the eye of round roast and pat the roast down.
- Turn the roast over, keeping the paper towels on it and pat it down again. What you are doing is removing the excess blood and other liquids from the meat. This process tenderizes the meat.
- Place the dry eye of round roast onto the roasting rack or into the roasting pan.
- Drizzle the rosemary olive oil evenly across the top of the roast.
- Drizzle the cranberry balsamic vinegar evenly across the top of the roast.
- Combine the thyme, garlic powder, gourmet seasoning salt, C-Spice and Swerve Sweetener in a bowl and stir to mix.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture evenly across the top of the eye of round roast. You can use the whole spice mixture on one side like I did, or use half on one side and half on the other side.
- Once the seasonings are on the eye of round roast, place the lid on the FlavorWave Turbo Oven and set it to 350 degrees F.
- The roast cooks best on the bottom rack, but because I wanted the top of the roast a little crisper, I started cooking it on the top rack, then moved it to the bottom rack after about 30 minutes. If you are cooking it using another method, cover with a lid or foil.
- Set the timer on the FlavorWave Turbo Oven for 60 minutes, making sure to turn it over and put it on the lower rack after 30 minutes. If you notice the top of the roast getting too crisp or black looking, go ahead and put it on the lower rack before the 30 minutes are up.
- The FlavorWave Turbo Oven does all the work of cooking the meat. I really do like this small appliance. After the hour is up, take the internal temperature of the meat. I wanted my eye of round roast well done, so 163 degrees F was the temperature I needed. The roast wasn’t quite there so I turned it back on for about five more minutes.
- Once the roast is to the correct internal temperature for the doneness that you prefer, put the eye of round roast on a plate and make a foil tent above it.
- Allow the roast to sit under the foil tent (both sides of the tent should be open) and rest for five to ten minutes while you finish preparing the rest of the meal.
- Juices will flow around the roast. This is ok. You can use some of the juice on the meat when you serve it.
- Slice going in the direction of the grain of the meat.
- Serve hot.