- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 – 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bourbon
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 6 ounces pumpkin spice cream cheese, softened
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla bourbon
- Pinch of salt
Whoopie Pie Cakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line two baking sheets* with parchment paper .
- Measure and place the flour , baking powder , soda, salt, and spices in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Measure out and place the sugar, oil, pumpkin, egg, and vanilla in a second large bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the flour mixture into the bowl with the pumpkin mixture and stir until well combined.
- Scoop out two Tablespoons of batter and put them into a single mound on one of the baking sheets.
- Repeat this process making 15 more mounds, arranging them 2 inches apart until the first baking sheet is full.
- Now make a total of 16 more mounds on the second parchment lined baking sheet.
- Once the oven is preheated, place the baking sheets on the middle rack of the oven and bake the cakes 12 to 18 minutes. They will be springy when touched.
- Transfer the cakes to cooling rack and allow them to cool for ten minutes, then dust the tops with confectioners sugar .
- Allow the cakes to finish cooling until they are completely cool to the touch.
- While the cakes are baking, beat the pumpkin spice cream cheese, butter, and salt in a bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until it is smooth.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar and vanilla bourbon to the cream cheese mixture while continuing to beat the mixture on low speed until it is smooth and well combined.
- Place the mixture in a bowl and cover it.
- Then place the mixture in the refrigerator until it is firm enough to hold its shape when spread. This can take 30 minutes to 1 hour. Allowing it to chill overnight is ok.
Whoopie Pie Assembly Instructions:
- Once the cakes are cool and the cream cheese filling is firm, spread one heaping Tablespoon of filling on the flat side of the cake.
- Place a second cake on top of the filling making sure the flat sides of the cakes are the ones facing the filling and press them together lightly.
- Place the assembled whoopie pies in the refrigerator for an additional 30 minutes to firm up the filling again.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Be sure to wrap any leftover whoopie pies in Saran Wrap and refrigerate to keep them fresh!
*Instead of baking sheets, you can use a Whoopie Pie Pan if you prefer.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Oven
Keywords: Whoopie Pie, Pumpkin Desserts Recipe, Whoopie Pie Pumpkin Desserts