- Place butter and all the spices into a cast iron pan.
- Brown the butter over medium heat stirring well to combine the spices.
- Brown the roast on both sides.
- Add three cups of beef broth to the skillet and cover leaving the lid cracked just enough so some of the steam can escape.
- Reduce the heat and simmer the meat for 3 hours.
- Add two more cups of beef broth and simmer for another hour.
- Add the potatoes and carrots. No additional seasoning is necessary.
- Add the last two cups of beef broth and continue to cook on simmer for an hour and fifteen minutes.
- Tuen the heat up to medium and cook another 45 minutes. Watch the skillet carefully during this time because the liquid will boil down to a thick sauce and you don’t want the food to stick.
- Serve immediately