- 1 package Southeastern Mills Roast Beef Gravy Mix
- 1 2 lb round steak
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon Herbs de Providence
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Preheat the cast iron skillet over medium heat and melt the butter.
- Flour and season the round steak.
- Cook the round steak for 4 to 5 minutes per side to brown it.
- Prepare the gravy mix following the instructions on the back of the package but do not heat it up, just mix it up.
- Pour the uncooked gravy over the top of the browned round steak.
- Put a lid on the cast iron skillet and place it on the center rack of the oven.
- Bake for 2 1/2 hours, turning the swiss steak over once midway through the process. Be sure to spoon some gravy on top of the swiss steak when you do this.
- When the time is up, remove the cast iron pan from the oven, carefully remove the lid watching out for steam.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Bake
Keywords: beef recipes, cast iron cooking, meat recipes, Swiss steak recipe