How To Can Raspberry Vinegar
- Pour the raspberry vinegar into a stainless steel pan and bring it to a boil.
- Ladle the hot vinegar into the hot, sterilized jars.
- Wipe the rim, put the lid on the jar and tighten the band until it is fingertip-tight.
- Place the jars in a cold pack canner filled with boiling water.
- Process for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid, turn off the heat and let the jars sit in the water for an additional five minutes, then remove the jars.
- Tighten the bands if necessary so they are fingertip-tight again.
- Allow the jars to sit overnight to cool, then check the lid by gently prying on it to make sure it is sealed. If it is sealed, label and store the jars in a cool, dry, dark place.
- Jars that are not sealed need to be checked to make sure there are no cracks or chips across the top of the jar. Do not reuse the lids if they do not seal – instead put a big black X on them and use them for sealing jars filled with herbs or other dried goods. You can use a new lid and try to reseal the jar or put it into the fridge and use it up.