- Once you have gathered the ingredients, add the water , white sugar and alum to a large stainless steel pan.
- Bring this mixture to a boil and keep the mixture boiling for ten minutes.
- While the mixture is boiling, remove the blossoms from the stems making sure not to leave any green parts on the flowers. The green stems and leaves will impart a grassy flavor to the honey .
- Once the blossoms are removed, rinse them under cold running water .
- Shake the excess water off the blossoms.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and add the flower blossoms.
- Stir well, cover and steep for three hours.
- Once the mixture is finished steeping, strain it through cheesecloth so all the plant material is removed.
- Reheat the liquid honey until it begins to boil, pour into sterilized canning jars and seal.
- The jars can be sealed by processing them in a cold water bath for fifteen minutes.
- Be sure to check the seals once the jars have cooled.
- Category: Condiments
- Method: Stovetop
Keywords: how to make homemade honey, homemade honey, honey recipes