Cupcake Base Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid
- 18 drops essential oil of your choice (I recommend Lavender Essential Oil)
- 6 teaspoons sweet almond oil (I ended up adding an additional 4 teaspoons sweet almond oil at the end because it was not holding together well enough to suit me.)
- Bath and body coloring (this is not the same as edible food coloring) – optional
Cupcake Icing Ingredients:
Cupcake Base Directions:
- Mix the baking soda and citric acid together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the sweet almond oil.
- Add in the essential oil.
- Add in the bath and body coloring.
- Use your hands to mix it all together. If it seems it is not holding together well, then add a little more sweet almond oil until you can form the mixture into a solid shape.
- Put mini-cupcake papers into a mini-cupcake pan.
- Press the cupcake base into the mini-cupcake papers and set it aside to dry. I typically leave mine overnight but you can icing them sooner than that if you prefer.
Cupcake Icing Directions:
- Combine the Meringue Powder, powdered sugar and warm water in a large bowl.
- Whip the mixture on medium speed for 4 to 7 minutes.
- Pipe on the cupcakes and let dry. This can take anywhere from an hour to overnight. I usually let mine sit overnight to make sure the frosting gets really hard.
Keywords: how to make bath bombs