- Marinade the ham in the honey marinade for three hours in the refrigerator.
- Remove the ham from the marinade and pat it dry.
- Place the ham back in the refrigerator in a covered dish and refrigerate for a minimum of three hours. Leaving it overnight is fine.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit once you are ready to bake the ham.
- Place the butter in a pan and heat it up until it turns a deep brown color.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the honey , orange extract, cinnamon and nutmeg .
- Stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Brush half of the glaze on the top and sides of the ham.
- Pour the half cup of water in the bottom of the pan the ham is in.
- Cover the ham with aluminum foil.
- Place it in the 350 degree preheated oven, on the center rack and bake it for 20 minutes.
- Place the orange slices onto the platter the ham is going to sit on while the ham is baking.
- Remove the pan from the oven and remove the ham placing it on top of the orange slices.
- Cover the ham with a foil tent and set the platter it is on aside.
- Pour any juices that were in the pan the ham was cooked into the pan with the remaining glaze.
- Stir to combine the glaze and the liquid.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Continue to boil the mixture, stirring occasionally until the mixture is reduced to a thick sauce.
- Remove the foil tent from the ham.
- Drizzle the sauce on the ham making sure to save some to drizzle on the ham slices on each plate.
- Serve immediately.
- Category: Pork
- Method: Bake
Keywords: honey marinade ham, honey ham marinade, orange spiced sauce for ham, ham glaze recipe