- Stack four pieces of bread on a cookie sheet and cut them into one-inch squares. A bread knife works great for this.
- Once all the bread is cut into cubes, set it aside and allow the bread to dry out for at least two hours. It is ok to leave it sit overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the herbs in a grinder if using whole herbs and powder them. If they are already ground, simply combine them into a single container and mix well.
- Drizzle the sunflower oil over the top of the bread cubes.
- Sprinkle the herbs over the top of the bread cubes.
- Place the cookie sheet into the oven and bake 10 to 12 minutes, stirring once halfway through the cooking process.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven once the bread crumbs are golden brown and allow to cool.
- Place the bread crumbs in a baggie or other airtight container. I store mine in a freezer bag in the freezer and find that they keep just fine until I am ready to use them.
*If you cannot find this, you can use regular sea salt in its place.
- Category: Breads
- Method: Oven
Keywords: homemade stuffing recipe, stuffing recipes, stuffing recipes thanksgiving, stuffing recipes easy, stuffing, dressing recipes thanksgiving, dressing recipes