- 1 10-ounce package frozen pureed winter squash
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2-1 teaspoon Thai red curry paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 6-ounce bag baby spinach (optional)
- In a large saucepan, add the frozen squash, water and coconut milk.
- Cook the squash mixture over medium heat for 10 minutes, making sure to stir the mixture occasionally.
- Add the chicken, if desired.
- Simmer the mixture over medium heat, for 3 more minutes, even if you did not add the chicken.
- Add the spinach, if desired.
- Add the sugar, lime juice, curry paste, and salt to the squash mixture.
- Continue to cook it for an additional 3 minutes.
- If you added chicken, make sure the chicken is thoroughly cooked before serving the soup.
Keywords: squash soup, quick easy recipes, vegetables, squash recipes