There is no need to fix a salad to go with this recipe. It has all the vegetables you need in one dish making it super simple to cook and serve.
- Whole wheat spaghetti noodles
- Sweet onion
- 4 cloves Garlic
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Prepackaged Broccoli Slaw
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 16 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 can black beans (optional)
- In large pot caramelize a sweet onion with four cloves of garlic and mushrooms in some olive oil with a pinch of sea salt.
- Once the onions are caramelized add in a bag of broccoli slaw and cook until the slaw is wilted.
- Add 1 can of chopped tomatoes to the pan and cook the mixture down.
- Add in a 16 ounce can of tomato sauce along with 1 Tablespoon honey, 1 Tablespoon chili powder and 1 teaspoon oregano.
- Add a can drained and rinsed of black beans for a variation on the sauce. This is optional.
- Simmer the sauce for 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook a package of whole wheat pasta noodles according to the package directions.
- Add the cooked pasta to sauce and toss it until the spaghetti noodles are covered in sauce.
- Serve immediately.