- 1 ham steak*
- Make sure the ham steak is thawed.
- Pat it dry with paper towels.
- Preheat the iron skillet using a medium heat.
- Place the dry ham steak in the skillet and fry for 5 to 6 minutes on one side.
- Turn the ham steak over and cook for another 5 to 6 minutes.
- Check the internal temperature of the meat. As long as it is 160 degrees Fahrenheit, the ham steak is ready to eat. If the temperature is any lower, continue to cook it for a few more minutes, but do not overcook it.
- Serve immediately.
*I recommend uncured pasture raised ham steaks.
Keywords: ham steak, cast iron cooking, pork recipes, uncured ham steak recipe, uncured ham steak