- 2–3/4 cups boiling Water
- 1 container of the potatoes au gratin in a jar
- Put the dehydrated potatoes into a medium sizecast iron skillet.
- Sprinkle the sauce mix on top.
- Dissolve the packet of powdered milk in the boiling water.
- Pour the boiling water on top of the potatoes and sauce mix then stir to combine.
- Place the cast iron skillet on the bottom rack of the oven and bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 to 35 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.*
*If you are cooking something else at a lower temperature in your oven, adjust the baking time using the following recommendations –
- 40 to 45 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 50 to 55 minutes at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
Note: You can substitute fresh or freeze dried potatoes for the dehydrated potatoes. To use fresh potatoes, choose 3 to 4 medium sized potatoes and slice them. Then bake them at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 to 60 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Category: Vegetables
- Method: Oven
Keywords: cast iron potatoes, long term food storage, cast iron cooking, au gratin potatoes, au gratin potato recipes, long term food storage recipes, long term food storage ideas, long term food storage prep