- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dice fresh apples.
- Place the water , sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and flour in a stainless steel pan and whisk them together over medium heat.
- Once the mixture is smooth, add the apples and stir until the liquid begins to boil and thicken.
- Turn the heat down to low and cook the apple mixture, covered for 12 to 15 minutes or until the apples begin to soften. Be sure to stir the mixture occasionally so it does not burn in the pan
- Press the wonton wrapped into a greased mini-muffin pan.
- For sweeter tarts, sprinkle the wonton wrappers with a cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Scoop the apple mixture into the wonton wrappers and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the mini apple tarts from the muffin pan and serve immediately. Add a dollop of whipped cream if you wish.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Oven + Stovetop
Keywords: apple pie recipe, mini apple pies, mini apple pies in muffin tins, mini apple pies easy, mini apple tarts, mini applepies in muffin tin easy