- Cream the butter and sugar until just combined – do not overmix.
- Add the eggs and mix.
- Add the flour , cornstarch and salt to the butter mixture and combine.
- Mix just until the mixture forms a ball.
- Stir in the vanilla bean paste and flavored extract of choice.
- Wrap the dough in Saran Wrap and refrigerate for one hour.
- Remove the chilled dough from the refrigerator and roll it out to ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut out the cookie dough shapes, lay them out on parchment paper lined cookie sheets and put them back in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the cookies into the oven on the parchment lined cookie sheets and bake for 9 to 12 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack .
- Decorate as desired.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Oven
Keywords: thanksgiving sugar cookie ideas, sugar cookie recipe, sugar cookies, sugar cookies decorated, thanksgiving sugar cookies, thanksgiving sugar cookies decorating ideas, thanksgiving sugar cookie recipe