2 dried whole ancho chilis
4 dried whole chipotle peppers
2 dried whole cayenne peppers (or those small red chili peppers if you prefer)
2 Tablespoons cumin
2 teaspoons hot and spicy oregano
2 teaspoons garlic powder (if grinding whole garlic choose a hotter variety)
1 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Grind the peppers in a spice grinder or food processor .*
- Crush the herbs (if they are whole) then measure them to make sure you get the correct amount.
- Place the crushed herbs in a container, then stir or shake to combine.
- Put the herb mixture in a glass jar with a lid or another type of sealed container.
- Store in a dark, cool, dry place and use as needed.
*Note: Allow the contents to settle in the grinder or food processor before you open the lid. The dust from the peppers is very strong and trust me you do not want to inhale it.