- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the flour , sugar, cocoa and one teaspoon of baking soda together in a bowl.
- Put the soured milk and rest of the baking soda in another bowl.
- Add the contents of the bowl with the soured milk to the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Melt the lard and add vanilla if desired, then mix that into the cake batter.
- Bake the cake in a bread pan for 30 to 40 minutes. This cake does make enough batter for two cake pans.
- Once the cake is done and the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, remove the cake from the oven and set it on wire racks to cool for 10 minutes.
*To sour regular milk, just add 1 Tablespoon of vinegar per cup of milk.
*You can use butter flavor Crisco in place of the lard.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Oven
Keywords: homemade chocolate cake recipe, homemade chocolate cake, homemade chocolate cake moist, homemade chocolate cake from scratch, eggless chocolate cake, eggless chocolate cake recipe