Want a fun and festive way to celebrate the holidays? If so, you’ll definitely want to give these peppermint martinis a try! Your guests will love the crushed candy cane rim that complements the chocolate and peppermint flavors perfectly.
- 2 oz vanilla vodka, chilled – (substitute water , white grape juice or apple cider combined with lime juice for a non-alcoholic version)
- 1 oz white crème de cacao, chilled – (substitute powdered white chocolate mixed with water that has vanilla extract and powered sugar added to it for a non-alcoholic version)
- 1 oz Peppermint schnapps, chilled – (substitute non-alcoholic mint or peppermint extract, mint Italian soda syrup or mint leaves for a non-alcoholic version)
- Place peppermint candy in a plastic bag and cover with a towel.
- Pound bag with a meat mallet or rolling pin until the candy is crushed into very small pieces.
- Transfer crushed candy pieces to a flat plate.
- Run a small wedge of lime around the rim of a martini glass until it is very well moistened.
- Turn the martini glass upside down and place moistened rim onto plate of crushed peppermints.
- Turn the glass gently to ensure the entire rim is evenly coated.
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice and add vodka, crème de cacao, and peppermint schnapps.
- Shake vigorously until thoroughly combined.
- Strain chilled liquid into a prepared martini glass and add a small candy cane, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Make sure you use the white crème de cacao for this recipe. The taste of the dark version works well, but it won’t give you the look you are after.
Rim with 3 oz. peppermint candy, crushed and ¼ fresh lime.
Garnish with small candy canes.