- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 Tablespoons Bourbon or Vodka
- 2 Tablespoons buttermilk marinade
- 1 Tablespoon dried mustard
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon celery seed
- 1 Tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon paste ginger
- 2 teaspoons salt (optional)
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the buttermilk marinade and the alcohol to the flour – a little at a time – and mix until the flour is moistened but not runny.
- Place chicken pieces in the flour and roll to coat.
- Allow the chicken pieces to sit for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Give the chicken pieces a second coating.
- Allow the chicken pieces to sit at room temperature for 20 minutes, then fry them according to your recipe.
Keywords: seasoned flour, seasoned flour chicken recipe, recipe