Rich chocolate cake with a baked cheesecake center drizzled with fresh raspberries is the perfect dessert for any special occasion.
For this recipe I used Mrs. Fields Fill-N-Flip pan, from Love Cooking Company. I did receive this pan for free for review purposes and I love it!
Cheese Cake Ingredients:
- 1 8 oz pack of cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg (at room temperature)
- 1 10 oz package of raspberries washed and dried – reserve half of the raspberries for the middle and top of the cake
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
Chocolate Cake Ingredients:
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup freshly brewed black hot coffee (I used Coffee Beanery’s Chocolate Raspberry Coffee)
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 80 z package cream cheese softened
- 4 Tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 cup & 1/4 powdered sugar
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Use spray butter to grease the pan.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sugar and vanilla, mixing the mixture is lump-free.
- Add the egg and mix until all the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. When the cheesecake is ready, the edges will be golden and the middle only slightly wiggly – not runny.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven, allow it to sit on a cooling rack for 5 minutes to cool
- To remove from the pan, run a knife around the edge to loosen it.
- Place a plate on the top of the cheesecake and flip it so the plate is on the bottom.
- Once the cheesecake is loose, cover it with Saran Wrap and place in the refrigerator.
Raspberry Sauce Directions
- Place half the raspberries and all of the raspberry sauce ingredients in a stainless steel saucepan.
- Cook the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Once the mixture begins to boil, turn down the heat to medium-low and cook for an additional five minutes making sure to stir the mixture occasionally.
- Press the mixture through a sift to remove the seeds (optional). Reserve the sauce and discard the seeds.
- Cover the sauce with Saran Wrap and refrigerate.
Chocolate Cake Directions
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray butter on the pan to grease it if you did not already do this.
- Flour the pan then turn it upside down to discard the excess flour.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl to make sure they are well-blended.
- Add the oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla to a mixer bowl and blend.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the mixer bowl and blend.
- Add the hot coffee to the mixture and blend again.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and continue blending until the mixture is lump-free.
- Pour the batter into the cake pans making sure to leave space in the pan for the batter to rise. It is ok if there is some leftover cake batter – you can use it to make cupcakes if you wish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven, set it on a cooling rack and allow it to cool completely before trying to remove it from the pan.
Cream Cheese Frosting Directions
- Place the cream cheese and butter in a mixing bowl and beat it until it is smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and then the vanilla extract to the bowl and beat it again until all the ingredients are well combined and the mixture is free of lumps.
- Place the cheesecake in the middle of the chocolate cake. With the Mrs. Fields Flip And Bake Pan, you will see the indentation where the cheesecake goes.
- Place some of the reserved raspberries on top of the cheesecake, then top them off with the raspberry sauce. Feel free to add a few fresh mint leaves to the top for garnish if you wish.
- Place the top half of the chocolate cake on top of the raspberries.
- Drizzle the remaining raspberry sauce on top of the cake and top with a few more fresh raspberries.
- Serve immediately or cover with Saran Wrap and refrigerate until you are ready to serve it.
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Oven + Stovetop
Keywords: cake with cheesecake in the center, chocolate raspberry cake with cheese, chocolate raspberry cheesecake, cheesecake, cheesecake recipe