- ³⁄₄ cup (85 g) almond flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¹⁄₂ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (2-pound/910-g) head cauliflower
- Extra-virgin olive oil cooking spray
- ¹⁄₂ cup (120 ml) hot pepper sauce, such as Frank’s
- 2 tablespoons salted or unsalted butter
Blue Cheese Sauce:
- ¹⁄₂ cup (70 g) crumbled blue cheese
- ¹⁄₄ cup (60 ml) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large zip-top bag, combine the almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, and ¼ teaspoon of the salt.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Cut the cauliflower into quarters through the core, then cut out the core and leaves from each quarter in one cut.
- Trim any remaining core and leaves.
- Break the cauliflower into approximately 2-inch (5-cm) florets.
- Add the cauliflower to the egg mixture and mix to thoroughly coat.
- Transfer to the bag with the flour and shake until the cauliflower is well coated.
- Transfer the cauliflower to the prepared baking sheet with a little space between the pieces and spray with cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cauliflower is starting to brown, then flip the pieces and bake for another 10 minutes, or until well browned all over.
- While the cauliflower is in the oven, make the buffalo sauce.
- In a small saucepan, combine the hot pepper sauce and butter and cook, stirring, over low heat until the butter is melted.
- Then make the blue cheese dip by combining all the ingredients for it in a small bowl and mix with a fork until the cheese is well incorporated.
- To serve everything, place the roasted cauliflower in a serving bowl, pour the buffalo sauce on top, and toss to coat.
- Serve immediately, with the dip and celery sticks.
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: Oven
Keywords: buffalo cauliflower recipe, cauliflower recipes, cauliflower, game day food, game day appetizers, super bowl party food, appetizers for party